30 August, 2015

REVIEW: CROWN OF MIDNIGHT by Sarah J. Maas


Title: Crown of Midnight
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #2
Genres: YA, Romance, Fantasy
Publisher: Bloomsbury U.S.A. Children's Books
Source: Physical copy
Pages: 448

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: "A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."


From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.


I have read and loved Throne of Glass so it was only a matter of time when I get to read the second one! So worth it!



THE WORLD: The book is based in a kingdom ruled by an evil king who possesses some dark power. Most of the book really concentrates on the castle and the city surrounding it. However, do not be fulled, it is not really that huge dresses and over politeness world, sure we have pretty dresses and manners and princess and all that but there is also new world mixed in it!

CHARACTERS: The main character is an assassin Celeana who in first book won a competition to become King's Champion aka the secret hitman. She is also incredibly beautiful and has a very very long tongue. I really like Celeana and especially for her love to books, she is an obsessed reader. She literary buys all the books that she finds. The prince Dorian in this book is rather well not that important. He is there but also not really. Still a puppy just like in the first book, I am really waiting till he becomes a real man. My favorite, Chaol, who is a Captain of Guard is on the other hand rather active. If you love him and Celeana then you are going to love this book! Well some of it, I mean chapter 23! OMG!



LOVE: I was so so happy to see Chaol and Celeana together till she goes crazy. Like really crazy. Ain't cool Celeana, really ain't cool!



PLUS: The story is starting to make sense, like everything is starting to come together. And there is magic! And somebody I really did not like from book one dies! Yessss!
MINUS: I liked first book much more. Other than Chaol and Celeana this book was super predictable to me. I enjoyed it but I will always love first book more. And I really did not like the ending of Crown of Midnight. Really!

EXTRA: I have ordered the third books some time ago but they were out of paperbacks and now I have to wait till 12th of September for it to arrive. Hrrr. I want to read next part!

P.S. The Queen of Shadows is coming out on Tuesday!!!

What do you guys think about CROWN OF MIDNIGHT?





6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Ross gif hahaha, that's the best one, totally matches the moment WHYYYYY?!
    I was finally getting into the Chaol spirit and the reached that part and was like, well there's goes my ship haha.
    But I'll be honest once I started HoF all thoughts of Chaol went out the window ;) Oh I cannot wait for you to start it, you may want to turn your twitter notifications off :P
    I so glad you enjoyed it, I can't believe Queen of Shadows is nearly here ahh so excited!
    Amazing review Hannah <3
    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know, I am still not over that scene! I need an explanation from Sarah J. Maas why she did it :( And omg please don't tell me HoF has Dorian and Celeana together?! I will cry all the book then!
    Oh I am so happy it's coming out tomorrow! Only frustrated that I have to wait now for HoF as well as for paperback QoF till like middle October! So not fair! :(
    And thank you sweety! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noo don't worry it's not Dorian and Celaena, it's much much better ;)
      As cute as I think Dorian is he' just no match for Celaena haha.
      That's such a pain :( it will take you a while to finish HoF anyway it's a massive
      *attempt to read slow* (if it's even possible with these books ;)

      Delete
    2. Ahh I want to read it so much! They really need to speed up with post!

      Delete
  3. I may very well be the only person who hasn't started this series. One of these days, one of these days...great review though!

    ReplyDelete