30 November, 2015

REVIEW: FAIREST by Marissa Meyer

Title: Fairest
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3.5
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Source: ebook
Pages: 222

Add to Goodreads 

SYNOPSIS: In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.


So I recently have finished reading Cress and I was told many times that before I get into final book Winter I must read Fearest just to understand it better. Normally, I do not like novella's but I did listen and read the Fairest nevertheless!



THE WORLD: In the novella we really concentrate on the Luna. Tho, to be more precise it is really just the royal palace that we get to know, the rest is just a few words we need to take for granted from other Lunars.

CHARACTERS: So as it is a book about Levana, she obviously is the main character. It starts with her being 15 years old and then progresses towards the point where she starts thinking about marriage alliance with Earth. To be honest, in the beginning I felt really sad towards Levana. But then the thing with her husband started and wow...she is a serious sociopath. Tho, when you think about it, she never really knew any better. Not that I excuse her. If I had my doubts about Levana before reading this book now I can tell you eagerly that she has to die. I mean really, such sociopath should not be left living. Another character that left a huge impression on me was Princess Selene's aka Cinder mother. Another sociopahth. I mean really, I expected her to be the good one but boy oh boy was I wrong. She was such a slut! I mean she even had no idea who Cinder's father was and never bothered about it. And what she did to Levana as a child...wow just wow. She diserved to die. She so so did.

Frankly, after reading this book all I can say is that I hope in Winter Luna gets blown up. I mean really, they are a perfect example genetics going wrong. And don't tell me it is not true. Look at Levana's parents, look at her sister and look at Levana herself. You think Selene when grown up would have been any different? I think Cinder being sent to Earth was the best thing that ever happened to her. So no, I will never be satisfied with the ending of the series unless Luna is blown up. 

LOVE: All I can say is that Lunars are incapable of love.

PLUS: I think when it comes to Cinder, Scarlet and Cress this book has left me most impressed. Marissa Meyer really made an impression on my due to how well she can create the hate towards Luna.

PLUS II: One of my hobbies is studying genetics and epigenetics of serial killers so I have read many biographies, cases and so on and I can tell you, Levana and her sister really fit with all of them. It was like reading another biography of a serial killer in a way.

EXTRA: Nobody should go and read Winter without reading Fairest after Cress. Nobody!


What do you guys think about FAIREST?