02 February, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Futuristic Books You Love


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is

Top Ten Futuristic Books You Love

HannahCassie's Top Ten

Okay let's move to the future!

  • Partials by Dan Wells
It is very very sad future but I absolutely love the concept of Partials and having them among humans. AI rules!
 
  • The 5th Wave by Rich Yancey
Another sad future but I love how aliens have this whole thing planned out. The co-existence of them and humans is pretty cool.
 
  • A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
Having society where knowledge about parallel dimensions exists as well as just being able to travel around...who does not thing it to be absolutely awesome?

  • Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I might not want to live there but the world and society is pretty breath taking. 
 
  • True Blood by Charlaine Harris
Having vampires, werewolves, werepanters, shifters and way more...who would not love that?

  • Perfect People by Peter James
Gene manipulation and designer babies. For me who studies genetics...it's like Christmas all over again.
 
  • Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Again would not like living there myself but the world is done very very well. 

  • The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Can I be not self aware warlock? Can I? Can I? You never know unless you are in Shadowhunters world!
 

 
Laura's Top Ten

Let's get something clear... this are not worlds I would like to live in but I think the concepts are really cool. I won't repeat the already mentioned one ;)
  • Legend trilogy by Marie Lu
Very close to The Hunger Games so obviously is an interesting world. Brutal though.

  • Birthmarked trilogy by Caragh M. O'Brien
    Also a dystopia quite close to THG and Legend. Apparently all dystopias are similar except not all are a matriarchy.

  • Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
Hehehe Veronica got us with this "world" *wink wink*

  • The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Honestly, the most interesting part of this world is Luna and its inhabitants.

  • Red Queen trilogy by Victoria Aveyard
A world which was divided by blood... question is... which mutation caused Silver blood? How can blood turn silver? How come they also got powers? I need explanations!

  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
I haven't read it but I know is futuristic and AI plays a major role, right? It sounds very interesting!

  • Across the Universe trilogy by Beth Revis
Well, technically the "world" is a spaceship because Earth was destroyed but further on the trilogy there is a new world they find (I think, I still have to read the 2nd and 3rd book).

  • Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness
I have only read the first book, The Knife of Never Letting Go, but the world described is omg... you do not want to live there, trust me. It's a hard land invaded by monsters. 

  • The Selection series by Kiera Cass
Not so different from our world now except for the organization and the names and the fact that it's ruled by a royal family. It's like a cross-model of our world now.

  • Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
This one also features a "space" world where super intelligent children are sent to train as strategists in order to defeat the aliens that tried to invade Earth. It was very interesting actually.