09 March, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Last Star by Rick Yancey


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. Today we are waiting for The Last Star by Rick Yancey!

This is the third, and last, book of The 5th Wave trilogy! (Has anyone seen the movie btw?)

Publication date: 17th May, 2016
Publisher: Putnam's Sons

We’re here, then we’re gone, and that was true before they came. That’s always been true. The Others didn’t invent death; they just perfected it. Gave death a face to put back in our face, because they knew that was the only way to crush us. It won’t end on any continent or ocean, no mountain or plain, jungle or desert. It will end where it began, where it had been from the beginning, on the battlefield of the last beating human heart.

Master storyteller Rick Yancey invokes triumph, loss, and unrelenting action as the fate of the planet is decided in the conclusion to this epic series.
So I have to admit that I have only read the first book so far... Hannah has read the second though and she also loves this trilogy so I guess I should continue reading it but I just can't find myself doing it. I don't know why but it's not so appealing anymore. I did give 4/5 to the first book so I liked it... I don't know, I'm weird.

Can anyone who has read them encourage me and convince me to go on with the next books? :P

Have you guys also seen the movie of the first book? Here's the trailer. I haven't seen it either but I will soon.





Are you excited about The Last Star?