13 June, 2016

Martyna's Book Haul!

Hello my fellow book readers,
Today I will not be posting any book review sadly, but instead I'll show you some books I bought, got, found or took from the library. So in other words, today I'm doing Book Haul!


(insert howling wolf picture to illustrate the haul. Clever and cute? I think so :D).



I gathered these books by buying some on them, or/and getting others from library or from book store giveaways or by simply being recommended. Also if you take a  closer look you can see the huge tea cup I adore, and (at the moment) my favorite flavor or tea - raspberry, and of course some carpets in my house :D

Okay so without further ado, let's get into the books!:

1. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov: I already read almost half of this book by this time. It's a little weird I have to say, some parts are really interesting, like the very mild supernatural vibe but I have to say I don't know what to expect from this books. To be honest, I'm going through this Russian author frenzy right now so if you have any other suggestions of books by Russian authors (classical or not) let me know :)

2. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini: I have already read this one, I'll put the review for it in later posts. The only thing I can say is that I enjoyed it but I also had problems with it.

3.Kelias į Niekur (Road to Nowhere) by Rimas Lonskis: It's a book by a Lithuanian author. It's not the original translation title, I translated it myself since this book is not translated to English. I got this book in a bookstore giveaway. I haven't gotten my hands to this book yet but the book is about these two men who get out of prison and try to get their lives back.

4.Three Ages of Woman by Sarah Willis: So this book is about three women - grandmother, mother and a daughter and their relationships. I actually read it a long long time ago and borrowed it to a friend and only got it back lately, so I deiced to actually read it again because I remember I really liked it.

5.Judantys Šešėliai (Moving Shadows) by Laurynas Katkus: Another Lithuanian author and book.This book is about the power of imagination. I believe the story circles around a professor who loses his job and the only escape from reality he has is these letters he finds of a pilot or something like that, can't really be sure, but the cover is amazing!

6.Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen: I realized couple of months ago that I don't own a copy of my favorite book so just went out and bought it. Also there is a review of this book so if you haven't yet, go check it out :)

7.Persuasion by Jane Austen: I have only read the short versions of this with like pictures in every page back when I was a literature student, so I finally bought the full novel because I remember I absolutely loved it.

8.Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys: This haul really is filled with Lithuanian authors LOL. Ruta Sepetys is an American-Lithuanian author and this is her first novel. I actually learned about this book from HannahCassie and let's just say I had to put this book down a lot in the beginning just so I could cry without destroying the book. This is really a tear maker for me, because this really hits too close to home. This book tells a story about a Lithuanian family being deported to Siberia. Oh the Feelllsss!!! If you haven't read it go pick it up or go check out HannahCassie's review for this book. If you need a cry book this is it!

9.Novelets by Viktoras Gerulaitis: Yet another Lithuanian author and the collection of his short stories. They are super short, I went though the book just to look inside and they are like a page or half a page long but they seemed really existentialist to me. I dunno I also like writing short stories so maybe this author will inspire me or like break the frame of how a short story should look like. We'll see.


10.La Mare au Diable by George Sand: I actually don't really know what this book is about but based on the blurb it's an adventure a young man goes on in the name of love. Plus it's written by a woman in the 19th century, so yeah. SOLD!

11.The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen: I have to admit, vampires is my soft spot. I absolutely love love love them so I will read anything with them in it! And this book sounds really interesting since the fictional character, the main girls loves, comes to life. Dream come true right there, am I right?

12.The Light Between Oceans by M.L.Stedman: To be honest the only thing I know about this book is that the there's a couple who can't have children and then suddenly they find one in a boat and that there's a movie coming out soon so I figured should be a cool read.

13. Water for Elephant's by Sara Gruen: Saw the movie, Edward Cullen (aka Robert Pattinson) was in it. Loved the movie despite Edward Cullen being in it, so figured should read the book as well.

14. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown: Read Angels and Demons when I was younger and saw both movies, loved it, so decided to continue with Robert Langdon and see in what other troubles he's going to get himself into.

15. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: My mom's friend actually gave me this book and told me this is a must read. And only then I saw there's a movie as well and Khalessi and Finnick are starring in it, so I dropped everything and started reading it (review coming soon). I have to admit the Lithuanian cover is really horrible, so if I ever buy the book I'll buy it in US cover for sure!

That's all for this Book Haul. Let me know in the comments what books have you gotten lately, perhaps you can recommend me some vampire or Russian books, or simply want to share your favorite flavor of tea, don't be shy and comment on ;) Also make sure to check out other Book Hauls, by Laura or HannahCassie, they are super entertaining. Ok thumbs up from me to you and see you in other posts ;)