27 July, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Telling by Alexandra Sirowy


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. Today we are waiting for The Telling by Alexandra Sirowy!

New hot mystery release waiting for you next week.

Publication date: August 2nd, 2016
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Lana used to know what was real.

That was before when her life was small and quiet.
Her golden step-brother, Ben, was alive, she could only dream about bonfiring with the populars, their wooded island home was idyllic, she could tell the truth from lies, and Ben’s childhood stories were firmly in her imagination.

Then came after.

After has Lana boldly kissing her crush, jumping into the water from too high up, and living with nerve and mischief. But after also has horrors, deaths that only make sense in fairy tales, and terrors from a past Lana thought long forgotten: Love, blood, and murder.

I'm not a fan of "changing personality drastically after trauma"... I get that you are changed by the experience but there is also a limit to how much... I don't know, I'm really not into it as I am perfectly aware that I have changed over the years however my defining personality traits are intact so yeah I don't really get it but ANYWAY it's a mystery novel and I'm a sucker for mystery! It caught my eye immediately (and the cover did too).

What do you think? Do the blurb and cover pull you in? There are only about 8 reviews on GR and 20 ratings. Majority are 4-5 stars but there are also a couple 2-3 stars so at least it is not over-hyped. Feel free to go into it without the pressure of giving more/less than X stars because the majority thinks differently than you. I cannot stress this enough: your book opinions are all valid! whether they're on one extreme, on the other or right in between.


Are you excited about The Telling?