24 January, 2017

REVIEW: CROSSED by Ally Condie

Title: Crossed
Author: Ally Condie
Series: Matched #2
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Romance
Publisher: Dutton Books for Young Readers
Source: Audiobook
Pages: 367

// Add to GoodReads //

BLURB: The Society chooses everything.

The books you read.
The music you listen to.
The person you love.

Yet for Cassia the rules have changed. Ky has been taken and she will sacrifice everything to find him.

And when Cassia discovers Ky has escaped to the wild frontiers beyond the Society there is hope.

But on the edge of society nothing is as it seems...

A rebellion is rising.

And a tangled web of lies and double-crosses could destroy everything.



 

 
I have read the first book Matched in Spring I think and despite it being a typical dystopian book really enjoyed it.


 
THE WORLD: Very dystopian if I may say. So there is this Society which basically runs the country and well really just dictates everything. They also have this match system which really just statistics. So they eventually see best numbers for you and determine your life. And I mean whole life, where you live, what you do, who you marry. But by the end of the first book we learned that Society is not always right. They are loosing war against rebellion. Not everything they predict is right. Actually I would like to heard a mathematician analyzing this book, I doubt statistics are really off as long as they are actual statistics. It is true after all that you will be more likely to fall in love with a person that has same interests as you and are on same level. So yeah...

CHARACTERS: We have two main characters in this book: Cassia and Ky. So Cassia was this top student that society matched with her best friend Xander but then in first book she felt in love with an outcast Ky. By the end of first book Ky is taken away to war and Cassia swears to find him. This is pretty much what is happening in second book. Must say, I still like Cassia. I mean okay her blind believe in Xander and Rebels that is a bit off but other than that she is a smart teenager. Ky on the other hand became really dramatic in this book. It's not that I dislike him, I am just not a biggest fan right now. And Xander is gone pretty much. Tho I think he is going to be back in the next book. Also there was this character that I actually liked and boom he was killed off after like 20 pages. Great. 

LOVE: Triangle but not a really annoying one. Cassia loves Ky and Ky loves her back. Xander loves Cassia too, but boy you have no chance here. I mean love is the driving reason in this series but at the same time there are other things happening which just makes love a convenient excuse. So don't worry, there is no usual drama bullshit.

PLUS: I like how bold the author can be sometimes.When she kills somebody or described some stuff that is pretty descriptive. Also this series has a lot to do with poems and books. That's always a huge plus.

MINUS: I am not sure if I like this whole rebellion involvement and where it is going.

OVERALL: Wasn't as impressed as by the first book but definitely looking forward to the final book. 



 


What did you think of CROSSED?