25 February, 2017

Saturday Tag



Welcome dear readers, to yet another Saturday Tag, where the fun never stops!

Today I am joined by Laura and together we will complete this fun tag:

BOOK AND SONG TAG

  This tag was originally created by RckMYTBR, and I found this tag while just looking at their blog and checking things :) And I though this is an amazing idea for a fun tag! 

So Laura and I will give few song suggestions that absolutely reminds us of a certain book!

Book + Song by Martyna



1. The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman



This story is so sad and mysterious and just dark, I find myself thinking only about the original Lullaby - press to play the video' piece from Crimson Peak soundtrack. I think it fits perfectly!


2. Half Bad by Sally Green


I really did enjoy the plot and premise of this book, and I sometimes find myself thinking about what is happening in the sequels. So the song Way Down We Go (press the link for video ) fits this book perfectly in my mind. Just the tone of the song speaks so well with the tone of the song


3. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


I absolutely loved this book! The silence romance between friends, the secret love between two different people. Paris Paris Paris! It such a big part in this book, so whenever I hear the song La Vie En Rose it just takes me to when Louisa sat in te cafe and read Will's letter! And I just love this song in general. One of my top favorites :)

4. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 


There are no words to describe my love for Outlander books. I will cheat this time and for the song for Outlander will simply combine it with one of it's original songs and that is The Woman of Balnain

I think this songs speaks for itself. I can't even begin to describe what feelings it stirs inside :)


5. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare



I was a huge huge fan of the TMI. I have to admit, I have lost my way in the universe now, but hopefully I'll come back soon :D But what I wanted to say was that when I first read the first chapter of the book I had an illusion of who should play Clary and Jace and Simon and the rest and I have a youtube playlist dedicated entirely to the videos, fans made (just like with Twilight :D ). 
So In For The Kill is my number one all time video + song for The Mortal Instruments


Book + Song by Laura



1. Six of Crows / Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo



These books are all about a squad of outcasts that has not only to survive but to thrive in a world that belittles them so I chose the song 'Not Today' by BTS. I think the lyrics (press the CC button) fit quite well and this song is very upbeat as well, very motivational xD.


2. This Savage Song / Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab



As per usual this is a kind of creepy book with monsters and humans... but who's really a monster and who's really a human? That's the question. Because things are sometimes deceiving and not always white or black I chose the song "Control" by Halsey.


3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell



A fluffier cutesy book to change things up a bit. Because we all know what is like to be a 'fangirl' of one thing or another and we can relate to Cath, I immediately thought of this parody song (of Gangnam Style) called 'Tumblr Fandom Style' by Radstunts. Lol this song is so accurate...


4. Rebel of the Sands / Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton



Featuring a strong, independent main character the song of choice had to be 'Fight Song' by Rachel Platten. It just works perfectly with Amani and the mood of this book.

5. Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine



And the last book is this beauty about books, libraries and politics (power, country borders, civil wars, etc) so the song I chose is 'The Story That Never Starts' by Abney Park which I think captures the essence of this book. It probably fits the sequels as well but I haven't read them yet... oops.




We hope you enjoyed the tag as much as we did  while doing it. Let us know what would your book and song choices be!