15 February, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: We Are Okay by Nina LaCour


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. Today we are waiting for We Are Okay by Nina LaCour!

A contemporary book just released yesterday for you.


Publication date: February 14th, 2017
Publisher: Dutton Books for Young Readers

"You go through life thinking there’s so much you need. . . . Until you leave with only your phone, your wallet, and a picture of your mother."

Marin hasn’t spoken to anyone from her old life since the day she left everything behind. No one knows the truth about those final weeks. Not even her best friend Mabel. But even thousands of miles away from the California coast, at college in New York, Marin still feels the pull of the life and tragedy she’s tried to outrun. Now, months later, alone in an emptied dorm for winter break, Marin waits. Mabel is coming to visit and Marin will be forced to face everything that’s been left unsaid and finally confront the loneliness that has made a home in her heart.

Let's admit something: a) I'm not really into contemporary books and b) I have no idea what this is about since the blurb is super short... looks like it's about a girl with a secret. That's all I get from the blurb xD oh and I don't know any other works from the author so I'm navigating blind here but anyway this book has been on my twitter feed for a while and people have been praising it quite a lot. Apparently it's a kinda sad book (?) I really don't know... and I don't know if I will read it, probably not soon because like I said I'm not into contemporary but from time to time I do read a couple of books from this genre so if you read it please let me know if you liked it =D

PS: That's an interesting cover. A bedroom... outside... snowing... uh?


Are you excited about We Are Okay?