17 July, 2017

MONDAY TRAVELS: HAD OCEAN BEEN MY CONFIDANT by Naseer Ahmed Nasir



Happy Monday friends! I hope you packed light and got some party clothes, cause this Monday we are one more embarking on a journey!

So today we are in Pakistan and we will explore:

HAD OCEAN BEEN MY CONFIDANT




Pakistan scholar Naseer Ahmed Nasir:
Naseer Ahmad Nasir is a prominent trend setter Urdu poet and editor of a well reputed literary magazine Tasteer. He was born on April 01, 1954 in a village Nagrian of district Gujrat, Pakistan. Now living in Rawalpindi.

Poem:

Had ocean been my confidant
I'd have given it
All of my truths for safekeeping

Tales i would have written
Of seashells picking girls on beaches
Whose golden bodies were
Like isles of dreamland
But whose fates were
Like lines drawn in sand.

Had ocean been my confidant
I'd have given it
All my loneliness
I'd have walked with the wind
Clasping its finger in my fist
On distant paths
From whence no one comes back!

Had ocean been my confidant
I'd have given it all my depths
Stepping into its limitless
Blue bosom
I'd have made earth into my bark
Sky into my sails
I'd have made the woeful moment
Of separation
A connecting link between you and me.

Had ocean been my confidant!

Thoughts:

I love water, ocean, sea, rivers lakes you name it! I can feel the water calling out to me so any poem about water, about ocean is my sensitive spot! I love everything about this poem, how simple it is, how minimalistic and relatable! 

I have told the ocean many of my most deepest secrets, I guess ocean was my confidant!

What about you?

See you next Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment