15 August, 2017

REVIEW: SILVER SHADOWS by Richelle Mead


Title: Silver Shadows
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #5
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Magic, Vampires
Publisher: Razorbill / Penguin Group
Release: 2014
Source: Hardcover
Pages: 380

// Goodreads // BookDepository // Amazon //

BLURB:
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.

Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive.

For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .

Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.


If you have not read whole Vampire Academy series this review will contain major spoilers! 

EXPECTATIONS: So just as I mentioned before, I binged Bloodlines series.

THE WORLD: By now you should be really familiar with the world so I will just mention main species: Moroi, Dhampirs and Strigoi. Additionally there are also Alchemists and Hunters oh and almost forgot the witches.

CHARACTERS: The inevitable has happened. Sydney is imprisoned by Alchemists in rehabilitation camp. I must say where I really loved how strong Sydney was I wanted to slap Adrian pretty much 70% of the book. Sydney is just Sydney I guess, that girl is the ideal of strong and sharp mind. Books should be written about her...oh wait there are. But then Adrian gets really desperate and starts to drink again and blah blah old whinny Adrian. When Sydney was finally able to sleep I was so so pissed at him for drinking and not checking in on her dreams! Hrrr don't remember last time a character made me so mad because I loved and cared about it so much. I mean really, and then Rose was not helping either. Like why oh why...But anyways because this book is pretty much about Sydney and Adrian on their own not many other characters are involved anymore. I mean don't get me wrong they do get mentioned and all but both Sydney and Adrian don't interact with them most of the book so they are sorta only assumed to be living in Palm Springs.

ROMANCE: I think by now it is very clear that Sydney and Adrian are madly in love. But where in last book we got so many cute moments that made us jump in this book it gets super dark. My heart was screaming and at the same time rooting for out beloved couple. 

GOOD: I think what I like about this book was that it was so dark. It also showed how very imperfect our perfect Adrian is. It was like a slap of reality in a face. 

BAD: Not bad as what is bad in the book but Adrian really pissed me off. I mean I understand it is all part of the plot but really, I was very mad while reading this book and that would actually transfer to my behavior outside of the book world. 

OVERALL: Yet another book in amazing series I read as fast as humanly possible. From this one right onto the next one which is also the last....noooooo!

What do you think about SILVER SHADOWS?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment