15 January, 2018

MONDAY TRAVELS: HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN TALES



Happy Monday friends! Welcome to another edition of Monday Travels

So today we are in DENMARK  and we will explore:

HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN TALES

Danish Poet Hans Christian Andersen
Hans Christian Andersen often referred to in Scandinavia as H. C. Andersen (2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875), was a Danish author. Although a prolific writer of plays, travelogues, novels, and poems, Andersen is best remembered for his fairy tales. Andersen's popularity is not limited to children: his stories express themes that transcend age and nationality. Andersen's fairy tales, of which no less than 3381 works have been translated into more than 125 languages, have become culturally embedded in the West's collective consciousness, readily accessible to children, but presenting lessons of virtue and resilience in the face of adversity for mature readers as well.


Description:

I am a huge lover of fairy tales! 
I like to read them, watch them, write them and I just think they are so beautiful. These little stories that can teach you, comfort you and make you happy even if for a while. 
I grew up reading two types of fairy tales. One type was The Grimm Brothers, the other type was H.C. Andersen!
I had the pleasure to go to Copenhagen to visit the Little Mermaid statue and my heart was just filled with joy and happiness and I just....all the feels!!! Little Mermaid is so beautiful, such pure and innocent story and so sad and rich in the life lessons than I would be able to like teach a lesson about it or something!
Either way, H.C. Andersen has some amazing fairy tales under his belt. He did not simply write the most notable ones that Disney made into movies, but also the lesser known ones that are just as good!
So today I would like to give you the gift of reading these beautiful tales and stories. It's very difficult to for me pick one and just talk about it, so I can give you the choice to pick and read the one you want!
Let me know which one you'll read first!
You can find them all if you the link bellow:

 

See you Next Monday!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment