04 March, 2018

Writing 101: Writing Style


Hi guys, spare a second and join me today in talk about writing!
Welcome to:
WRITING 101


Hello hello and welcome to another Sunday of me sharing some good tips and articles I found on writing!

Today's topic is - Writing Style!!!!

I personally think, that a writing style is a very important part of being a writer because that is what may set your apart from the others writers.

For instance my favorite writers usually have their own writing style. Hardy uses very little dialogue, and everything is rather built from a telling or re-telling point of view. Jane Austen as well uses this while combining it with witty words.

I actually do enjoy reading an exposition based book, where we get to see what the characters saw, understand how they feel. Yet at the same time I love even more when writers show me and don't tell me!

When it comes to my own writing, I have to say it all depends on the story I want to tell. I have stories where everything is built with the exposition. Where the character is guiding the reader, usually first point of view. I do have pieces where the driving force is witty dialogue. So once again it all depends on what you want but at the same time you need to listen to the story.

My most favorite way of writing though, is diary. Diary just takes you to understanding everything on a very different emotional level! I am an emotional reader so if I get hooked I will give my heart to the character and his diary.
I am a sucker for this, and I like combining diary part with third person view.
It may become difficult to separate and decide which part would be diary which not, but I, as you, am still just learning.

I found some very nice articled about it so go and read them, maybe they will help you out!

I am listing the articles here:



Please let me know do you struggle with writing styles? Do you have your favorite?


See y'all next time!



0 comments:

Post a Comment